Jul 16, 2008

Sorcerous Ways!




Pick your cliché. There are numerous ones out there. But there is no substitute for hard work. Quick fixes are just that. Quick, and pretty much useless as tits on a hog. The only thing you can do is go out there and bust your ass. Sweat, tears, blood, and iron. There is no magic pill, no super secret formula. Work ethic and common sense will win the majority of the time. Add in a little good advice, some sound teaching, and an extra push from your training partners, and you have a deadly recipe for success.

I always get people who ask me, “ooh, tell me some tips to workout and lose weight.” I usually tell them that I am probably not the one to ask because you wont like what I have to say. Then when they push, I just tell them to stop eating junk and work hard, it’s that simple. They then walk away either pissed off or thinking I’m an asshole (of course they are probably correct with that assumption). Sure I could go into more specifics, but let’s be honest, they don’t want that. They want me to tell them something from a fantasy world that will get them in great shape with minimal effort, and the fact is that does not exist. Sure some people are blessed with better genes than others, but there is no gene out there strong enough to over shadow a strong work ethic.

So no matter what it is, trying to get that extra few pounds on your squat, getting that chest to the bar in a pull-up, finish those last few hours needed to for your internship, or surviving the nuclear winter, a little luck is good, busting your ass with hard work has no substitutes. Have faith, there is no force greater!

No comments: